We all know exercise is essential for overall health, but when you’re trying to lose weight it becomes even more important. Where to start? How about the 10 best exercises for weight loss, which target multiple muscles, rev your metabolism, and torch calories. If they feel hard, remember: Each rep gets you one step closer to your goal weight.
There are many variations to the lunge, but the plain jane forward lunge is still very effective for weight loss, as it works multiple muscles at once (think: glutes, quads, and hamstrings) for max calorie burn. Get ready to move those short-shorts to the front of your closet.
- Stand tall with feet hip-width apart. Place hands on your hips or hold weights, and take a controlled step forward with your right leg.
- Keeping your spine tall, lower your body until your front leg and back leg form a 90-degree angle.
- Pause, then bring your right leg home to start.
- Now do the other side by stepping forward with your left leg.
- Repeat 10 times on each side. Do a total of 3 sets.